Weekly Reading for March 21 – March 27
Preparing for Next Week’s MessageSermon Series: Victorious
Sermon Title: Strategies for Victory… Standing Against the Enemy
This reading plan will get your heart and mind set for the next message on March 28, 2021:
- SUNDAY: John 10 ,
- MONDAY: 1 Peter 5, 1 Peter 1:14-15,
- TUESDAY: John 8 ,
- WEDNESDAY: Revelation 12,
- THURSDAY: 1 Corinthians 15,
- FRIDAY: Romans 8,
- SATURDAY: Philippians 2 ,
Reflecting on the Most Recent SermonSermon Series: Elijah or Elisha? Stories of Courageous Faith
Sermon Title: A Bigger Blessing than I Can Handle
Delivered On: March 21, 2021
VIEW SERMON NOTES
Memorize and ReflectEphesians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
Prayer DirectionSpend time praying in the following direction:
- Thank God for the incredible blessings that we enjoy both as followers of Jesus (citizens of heaven) and citizens of the United States.
- Pray for God to show you how you can share the blessings He has graciously given to you (i.e. wisdom from God’s Word, financial, personal experiences, zeal for prayer, humble heart of service, hospitality, home-baked cookies) with those who are in need.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in the hearts of those you interact with who might be far from Jesus and for Him to give you the boldness, courage, and faith to enter into a spiritual conversation with them, pray for them, or share the gospel with them.
“Live It!” ChallengeUse me as a vessel of blessing - Take the time to pray each morning this week and ask God to show you people in your path who are in need that day. Throughout the day, as the Holy Spirit prompts you, extend an offer to help meet the need (i.e. praying for a coworker; helping a neighbor with a task around their home; send a note of encouragement to a friend or family member). Repeat this for each day of this week Like Elisha, let’s respond in faith and trust God with the results. Be prepared to share with the group next week.
Small Group Discussion
Tell about a time in your life when you received an unexpected blessing.
Read 2 Kings 2:9
What did Elisha request from his mentor, Elijah? From what you know of Elisha, how did he use God’s blessings in his life?
Tell about a time when you were able to bless others and how that helped you grow in your faith.
Read 2 Kings 4
Sharing turns as a group.
As you read each of the four stories, what are some examples of how Elisha served as a blessing to the different groups of people?
- Widow’s Oil
- The Shunammite woman’s grief
- Death in the Pot
- Feeding of the 100
As you reflect on the four different ways Elisha blessed those in need, how does your understanding of Jesus' ministry far exceed even the blessings Elisha was able to share?
Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17
One of God’s greatest blessings for us is His eternal Word. How has God’s Word blessed you in this season especially? How have you shared with others what God has been teaching you through His Word?
What is one simple step of faith you will take this week to be a blessing to others and point them to the God who loves them?