Shoreline Preschool is committed to giving your child a positive and successful first school experience. In keeping with our dedication to an excellent early learning experience, we provide a high level of personal attention to each child by keeping our class sizes and class ratios lower than mandated by state licensing. While we do not follow a specific published curriculum, Shoreline Preschool has spent many years developing a curriculum that balances academic learning with play-based processes. Our programs provide a nurturing environment that develops the unique potential of each child by fostering social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth with an emphasis on Christian beliefs and values.
Tuesday & Thursday
9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Shoreline Preschool FAQs
Preschools are governed by different requirements than K-12 education and we will only close if all preschools/daycares are mandated to close by the state or county.
Shoreline Preschool has planned extensive learning packets that will be distributed to each family in the event of a mandated closure. These weekly packets will include: links to 5 online stories, 2 Flipgrid videos focused on that week’s learning concepts, 3 Grab and Go arts/crafts activities, a bible story related to the monthly theme as well as class prayers, 3 STEM activities, links to classroom songs, one cooking project or snack idea for the week, and 5 age-appropriate worksheets. Teachers will also provide support and teleconferencing with families if they need any assistance. If the mandated closure extends beyond 4 weeks parents will be given the option to continue to receive the weekly learning packets for a reduced tuition cost.
Yes. The California Department of Public Health currently requires all students over the age of 2 years to wear a cloth face covering whenever they are around people they do not live with.
- The temperature of each child will be checked before entering the classroom during drop off. Any children with a temperature of 100.0 F or higher and/or a continuous cough will not be allowed to attend school.
- All children will wash their hands with soap and water upon entering the classroom after being dropped off, after using the bathroom, and before and after eating snack. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is also available in the classroom.
- All preschool staff will wear a cloth face-covering/mask during class hours. Their health will be assessed each morning before class starts.
- Students will be provided with their own box of craft supplies. This will be labeled with the child’s name and will be for their use only throughout the school year to help eliminate cross-contamination.
- Children will be seated 3 feet apart during Circle Time and table activities where possible.
- All play food and soft toys have been removed from the dramatic play area.
- All toys and surfaces will be disinfected each day after the children are dismissed. Tables will be wiped down with a general cleaner in between each activity.
- Outside play equipment will be cleaned each day after the children are dismissed.
Yes, all children attending Shoreline Preschool must be fully potty trained. Wearing pull-ups is not considered fully potty trained.
Yes! As long as we have an opening available, your child can start at any time during the school year.
Shoreline Preschool is in operation from September through May roughly following the calendars of the local public schools.
Shoreline Preschool provides a healthy snack that is included in the price of tuition. Classes are dismissed at noon for children to have lunch with their families at home.
All teachers and aides of Shoreline Preschool meet the requirements for the staff of a California licensed preschool. This includes classes in Early Childhood Education as well as training on recognizing child abuse, germ and pest management, health safety and nutrition, and CPR and First Aid. The preschool staff is also encouraged to continue their education through classes and workshops.