We are very excited you have committed your life to Jesus as your Savior and Lord. This is an exciting time for which there are angels in heaven rejoicing!
As a “newborn” Christian, recognize it will take time to grow spiritually. You will make mistakes and it may be difficult at times to understand God’s plans for you. Don’t be discouraged. Christ cares for you greatly and will help you along the journey.
You are now part of a fellowship of believers and we are here to walk alongside you, and we have several resources to help guide you along. Use this brief guide to get you started.
Ask questions. Look for answers that make sense to you. Challenge us.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
2 Corinthians 5:17
- Understand my own sinful nature and how this separates me from God. acknowledge Jesus paid the price for my sins by dying in my place and I’ve asked Jesus for forgiveness!
- Read the Bible. We offer a recommended Reading Plan, as well as Weekly Readings which coincide with each week’s Sunday sermon. Also, check out our Bible Book Overviews.
- Get Baptized. Take the Baptism Class and publicly profess your new faith.
- Get connected with other believers – connect with a mentor or join a Small Group! Use the Small Group Finder or contact email@example.com.
- Take the Spiritual Gifts Class. When you received Jesus into your heart, the Holy Spirit endowed you with certain gifts for the building up of the body of Christ. This class will help you learn about these gifts. Discover yours by completing this survey.
- Meet with a Shoreline leader to learn about other tools and resources available for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.