MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers and has a single mission: to help moms be the best moms they can be. We are looking for MOPS Mentor Moms to bring perspective on mothering, womanhood, and relationships – all based on biblical principles and your own life experience. Through teaching and one-on-one relationships, you communicate with vulnerability and honesty. You provide a foundation for acceptance, trust, and a safe place to grow. You are able to mentor mothers of young children, not because you have all the answers, but because you have a strong relationship with Jesus and as one who has experienced many of the challenges these young moms now face, you offer encouragement and hope. You have a part in modeling what godly life looks like and you are helping moms step into God’s great plan for them.
- Attend MOPS Meetings on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month (Sept-May).
- Circulate at MOPS meetings, mentoring the moms one-on-one. Our goal is to have one Mentor Mom per table listening and commenting when appropriate.
- Mentor a small group of MOPS moms by developing relationships, sharing the experience of raising children, engaging in their lives & mentoring them in their growth with Jesus.
- Hold lap babies during the meeting so that moms can fully engage in the MOPS meeting.
- Pray for the women in your small group.
- There may be the opportunity to share your testimony or devotional at one meeting.
- 5 hours per month
- Meetings held twice a month on Tuesdays, 9 am – 12 pm