Shoreline Church is committed to providing assistance for a variety of ongoing needs in our community and for those that call Shoreline their home church. As we all face challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Shoreline Church remains faithful to serve you! There are many opportunities for you to both give help and get help if you need it.
Navigating this unique season is challenging for all of us. If you would like to talk with a pastor and have someone to pray with you over the phone, please email email@example.com and we will have someone reach out to you.
Shoreline Church Food Pantry is a Monterey County Food Bank Pantry.
The Shoreline Food Pantry operates on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 – 2:30 PM. It is typically run by a volunteer staff that is dedicated to the call of serving Jesus. Besides providing food we have established Prayer Warriors who are dedicated to praying with those who request prayer.
If you would like to donate non perishable food items to the pantry, there is a collection bin by the food pantry or you can drop them off on Wednesdays 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a weekly newsletter about our most urgent needs.
Bible-based counseling by NON-PROFESSIONAL volunteers in a confidential, Christ-centered setting.
- Compassionate listening, encouraging and guiding, on a biblical foundation
- Goals: to clarify problems, express/share feelings, resolve conflicts, within healthy personal boundaries
- Connecting clients to local resources of support
- Includes 6 to 8 sessions within a 90-day time frame, at an off-site location, usually 50 minute sessions
- Lay Counseling is free of charge to church members and members of the community
Think you could benefit from lay counseling? Get started by emailing email@example.com or call us at 831-655-0100.
Please help with making sandwiches for the homeless and people in need. You can be creative with what kind of sandwiches you make, but it is helpful if you label them and put them in resealable baggies. Making sandwiches is a great family project!
If you live in Monterey, drop off your sandwiches at the Shoreline Food Pantry between 10:30 – 12:00 PM Tuesdays & Thursdays. If you live in Salinas, please drop off sandwiches to Shawnell Thompson’s porch, Monday – Friday before noon. Email Shawnell at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a pickup time.
During this time when we all need to do our part to keep everyone safe by keeping our distance, we can still be actively helping our community and spreading the love of Jesus!
- Make fabric masks for others. You will need to gather your own supplies. (if you have extra supplies that you can donate please let us know)
- Please use these directions to make masks
- Call Sharon Burwell at Shoreline Church (831-277-9661) to make an appointment Tuesday-Thursday to drop off the masks. We would recommend putting the masks in an individual sandwich-sized ziplock style bag to keep them clean
- Masks will be going to the ER at CHOMP, not for doctors or staff but for patients and those coming in with them. Also, we are now making them for Doctors on Duty.
The Clothes Closet is open on Tuesdays from 12:30p – 2:20p. Donors bring clean, gently used men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and baby items which are then sorted by size and type. Recipients can browse through and take items that they need. The Clothes Closet had been closed due to COVID-19, but has recently reopened for a limited time on the patio outside of the Parkside Room. Bibles are available and prayer is offered. For more information, please email email@example.com.